[Vision2020] Fwd: Claude Dalllas to be released tomorrow

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Feb 6 14:39:29 PST 2005

Voluntary Manslaughter??????????

What was the prosecution looking for?  A quick and easy conviction?

Last time I checked the books, the killing of a law enforcement officer
qualified as "special circumstances" which does allow for capital
punishment.

The sentence of 30 years for killing two officers amounts to cheapening the
costs.  I am certain that the family and friends of Idaho Fish and Game
officers Conley Elms and Bill Pogue agree and will never forget.  Thirty
years may be a long time to some.  Forever is infinitely longer.

Take care, Idaho.

"What is objectionable, what is dangerous, about extremists is not that they
are extreme, but that they are intolerant. The evil is not what they say
about their cause, but what they say about their opponents."

-- Robert F. Kennedy