[Vision2020] security lighting solution?

Fiat Lux fiat_lx at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 16:29:42 PST 2005

Janice and interested others,
Thank goodness the city is drafting more a detailed
light ordinance as well.  The pollution from
uplighting, etc. within Moscow needs to be addressed
and curtailed.
However, that is no justification for those living out
in the county to be defiant and closed minded about
new and more effective and efficient security lighting
design.   We can still be willing to sweep our side of
the street.

I recommend the link below, which does an excellent
job of illustrating the differences (with photos!)
between light polluting fixtures and some
alternatives.  I think that after taking a look there,
all farmers and others concerned about  rural security
will see that it is possible to have their "security
lighting" while not causing any unintended,
undesirable and unnecessary effects on the environment
or their neighbors.

http://www.mediasoft.net/macdowell/oldandnew.htm

Perhaps after seeing the options, local farmers and
rural dwellers will get together and order the shields
to retrofit their mercury vapor security lights.

Regards,
Fiat Lux

Apologizing in advance, but here's one more
comprehensive website, for any of those who are
inclined to dig deeper and learn more.
http://members.aol.com/ctcadman/LiteLynx.htm#crime