[Vision2020] Aftermath of Iraqi Voting: Oil Investors

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Thu Feb 3 13:53:01 PST 2005

Dave et. al.

Indeed, the "insurgents" are targeting Iraqis who cooperate with the US
occupation. And this no doubt had a chilling effect on many voters.  But who has
killed more innocent Iraqis since the US invasion?  The insurgents or US forces?
 The evidence is clear that US forces have killed more innocents than the
insurgents, though the US will call this "collateral" damage.

Our military presence and the destruction we have been willing to inflict,
such as the devastation of Fallujah, surpasses anything the insurgents are
capable of doing.  The fact that US forces have killed tens of thousand of Iraqis,
have arrested and imprisoned a large but unknown number of those suspected of
opposing the US occupation, while the insurrection continues, demonstrates a
high degree of support and will among those resisting the US agenda in Iraq.

Again we should ask, as we should have before we invaded, even if our goals
in Iraq include the noble aim of removing a dictator and bringing democracy to
the middle east, what is the price to be paid to achieve this goal, and is the
goal realistic?  Odd that many of the supporters of the Iraq invasion speak
of the horror of Saddam's regime, while the USA has killed tens of thousands to
push our agenda on this country.

Sounds like cure might be as bad as the disease in this case.

Ted Moffett