[Vision2020] Help me

Jennifer McFarland jmcfarland at latah.id.us
Tue Feb 1 10:37:56 PST 2005

Visionaries,

Greetings from your Latah County Sheriff's Office!  I've received a few
correspondences from people about things that the Sheriff's Office could do
to keep you all better informed as to our activities and about crimes
committed in our community.  One of the ideas (thank you Mr. Fox and others)
I am interested in latching onto is publishing a "hot sheet" or police
"blotter" type report.  Although I try to get information to you about our
office through press releases and through postings here, the Sheriff's
Office also has a website where we are able to disseminate more information
(http://www.latah.id.us/Dept/Sheriff_Main.htm).  I encourage you all to look
at that site and let me know what we need to add to it to make it more
useful to you.  Like I said, I'm looking at publishing a monthly crime
report or "hot sheet."  We are also thinking about having a link to
pertinent community resources (crisis lines, Alternatives to Violence, Court
Assistance, etc.).  If you have any ideas regarding the site, things you
want to see on it, ways we could improve it--anything, please contact me and
I'll do my best to serve your needs.  Imminently, we will have a "get to
know your deputies" sort of link spotlighting a different deputy or civilian
team member each month.  Please let me know if these are of interest to you
or if you think these ideas are bunk.  Either way, I want your input so that
we can better address your needs and concerns.

Thank you for your time.
--Jennifer

Jennifer L. McFarland
Detective/Public Information Officer
Latah County Sheriff's Office
PO Box 8068
Moscow, Idaho 83843
(208) 882-2216

Truth is the summit of being; justice is the application of it to affairs.
***Ralph Waldo Emerson