[Vision2020] Making the Financial Best of the New Year

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 23:20:19 PST 2005

On 12/31/05, Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Wayne,

> Why do you insist upon calling all those that believe in a god as being
> ignorant and superstitious? That is insulting to about 95% of the world
> population that does believe in some type of God or higher Spiritual Being.

I agree, somewhat.  Wayne does seem to enjoy being confrontational.
Maybe he has had some bad experiences at the hands of theists.  I am
not a theist (in any traditional sense), but I don't see any logical
reason to alienate so many potential comrades by being unpleasant.
What's up, Wayne?  Did a Christian piss in your cornflakes?

> Albert Einstein believed in the same God as me, people of Jewish faith,
> Christian faith, and Muslim faith. Was he ignorant and superstitious too?

Albert Einstein wrote:

"I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but
have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called
religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the
world so far as our science can reveal it."

And:

"I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony
of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and
actions of human beings."

First, what Einstein's religious beliefs may have been are irrelevant.
 Second, I ask you this: do your beliefs concerning God correspond to
what is reproduced above?  Whether you answer yes or no, it leaves
your assertion concerning people of Jewish faith, Christian faith, and
Muslim faith a largely unsupported generalization.