[Vision2020] Possible Might Want To Read

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 30 00:05:48 PST 2005

I don't know how many of you are aware of a blog that Michael Metzler has,
poohsthink.com, but perhaps you may want to take a peek at it once in a
while.  I realize he is probably in very boiling water right now with the
church because he has taken the brave step of openly countering Wilson's
arguments regarding a book that Wilson apparently does not like too much (to
put it mildly), "The Generous Orthodoxy" by Brian Mclaren.

Personally, I find Wilson's dispute with Mr. Mclaren odd due to the fact
that, I believe, the author is Scottish (by heritage at least) and that
Wilson has not seemingly read the book - certainly not with an openness you
would expect from a "man of the cloth" and from the point of view that he
claims he is a "died in the wool Scott" but seems not to support his own
people.  (Yeah, I know - no big surprise there.)

It's almost like Wilson has his head firmly stuck in a paper sack arguing
whether or not the light in the room which he finds himself in is on and why
it should/better matter to everyone else.  It would seem that Wilson has
blossomed to the "I said it, you BETTER believe it, and that settles it"
mode of thought full blown.

I wish Mr. Metzler and his family well, as I know he is catching c***p for
his open and clear thinking.  He's already been told he will not be allowed
to speak at NSA anymore this year or perhaps any other year - good show of
support there, Doug, for anyone who has the gumption to stand up and say
"Wait a minute - I don't believe you have the full picture here."

Afraid of the competition, are we? (rhetorical)

J  ;)