[Vision2020] Re: Wayne's Analysis of Criminal Innocence

Matt Decker mattd2107 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 26 21:20:55 PST 2005

Ted,

You wrote,
There is no doubt that too much discussion of the certain guilt of an
accused
>facing charges can hamper the legal system in assuring a fair trial.
>Prosecutors and judges can feel pressure from the public to make decisions
>based on a
>kind of mob frenzy, rather than the guide of lady justice blindfolded
>holding
>the scales (fairness) and sword (the power of the legal system).  Unbiased
>jurors can be hard to find when the press and media and even list serves
>create
>a bias in huge numbers of people regarding a specific criminal case.
>Potential jurors need to state honestly that they can listen to the
>evidence with an
>open mind in a trial.

          I agree, but wouldn't you say that this will happen with any
publised trail. With that being, I would have to figure that Mubata's
lawyers would certainly ask for jurors from elsewhere. Elsewhere meaning
that "they" haven't heard of all of the gossip going on in vision 2020. Call
me crazy.