[Vision2020] Squashed rumors

Shelly CJs at turbonet.com
Thu Dec 22 15:19:46 PST 2005

Merry Christmas all,

I spoke with Carol Morley at the Health District today, and asked a couple
questions regarding some rumors floating around out there regarding the HIV
testing.

1)    It is standard practice now and always has been  for the "swab test"
to check for "two" types of HIV. If the swab test comes back positive, then
a blood test is needed to confirm the positive reading. If positive again,
then another test is required to locate which type of HIV virus it is. Carol
is unaware of which type of HIV virus Mubita might have.

So - to answer the rumor of, "they are testing for two viruses, one which is
drug resistant and from the Country Mubita came from, is false."

2)    Regarding the "swab testing" that has been pulled from some California
and New York clinics, etc., Carol tells me it is a very, very sensitive test
and as accurate as a blood test. She made a comment that makes a lot of
sense, "would we rather have over positive readings, or under?"

So yes, in regards to the false positive readings from the "swab test,"
might be true. But not in a negative way.

Carol would appreciate the media calling her to get this word out. I hope
you are listening, Daily News.

Happy Holidays,
Shelley Roderick