[Vision2020] On the season

whayman at adelphia.net whayman at adelphia.net
Tue Dec 20 22:25:55 PST 2005

I must agree with chasuk's assertion that Christmas is not necessarily an American (US of A, I assume) holiday. Blame it on the Brits, perhaps, but I remember one Christmas Eve in Ernakulum, a city on the southern Malabar (spice) coast of India wherein I entered a less than high class restaurant for dinner and was greeted with turkey (uh, sure! of course it was!) and the sounds of Bing Crosby's "White Christmas" (quite sure) over the speakers. Hard to describe the mixture of of how it felt-- cognitive and emotional dissonance may come close.

Warren Hayman