[Vision2020] Wal-Mart meeting

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 20 21:13:38 PST 2005

Saundra,

 I assume nothing. That is just  all that you have offered the community. I need not look far to see how  far out you have gone in your irrational thinking with attempts to stop  religions from practicing communion with sacramental wine. Not even  prohibition forbid that.

 I do not care if you were once  pregnant, single, with 18 children, working five jobs, and living in a  shoe box with no help or even a word of peace from even God almighty.  It does not give you the right to take away the right of people living  on limited incomes, or anyone for that matter, from making a choice of  which store(s) they want to shop at or to maximize their purchasing  power.

 I do not claim to be an expert. But I do know two  things having worked with the poor, disabled, and elderly, and working  on my MS in Special Education, one is that every financial trustee for  the poor I know in Moscow uses Wal-mart and Winco as primary shopping.  I trust these financial people that are placed as trustees know what  they are doing. Second, that not everyone has the ability, apartment  space and equipment, or time to cook meals from scratch.

 I  am frankly just sick, no, more like outright disgusted with how you  must make a federal case out of every person and business in this  community that YOU disagree with and paint them as evil doers. That is  WRONG!

 If you do not like a religion, do not practice it.  If you do not like a business, do not shop there. If you do not like a  practice, do not practice it. But your are so wrong in your attempts to  try and sue and attack everyone in this community and stop them from  doing what they want to do because it does not  fit YOUR   beliefs or ideology.

 So I do not ASSUME you are out for the  worst Saundra, I KNOW you are out for the worst, because that is all  you do is try to take people down and keep them from worshiping,  shopping and doing what and when they want to if you do not AGREE with  it.

 If you do not like Wal-mart, do not shop there. But do  not try to stop me and others, or tell us we cannot. I do not tell you  where you have to shop, what to drink, or what or how to worship. Get  out of people's personal lives Saundra.

 Saundra, you have  ONLY been about dividing this community and trying to force your will  on others. I think it is a waste of you time and talents.

  -DJA

  PS, I am looking for a grocery list, I am serious. Otherwise we know  you are all just talk. And if you make the list, I will seriously make  sure many poor families get it.

Saundra Lund <sslund at adelphia.net> wrote:   Donovan, Donovan, Donovan, there you go again assuming the worst.

The reason I asked the question is because I really want to know the answer,
not be attacked for asking the question.

Back when I worked for a non-profit dedicated to serve the needs to the
economically disadvantaged (including the working poor), the elderly, and
the disabled, we *did* offer such a class that also included the locations
and hours of the area's food banks.  However, it was consistently
under-utilized in spite of a good deal of effort trying to increase
awareness of this resource.

That was many years ago, and I don't know if that resource is still
available there, let alone if any similar resources are available here in
Latah County.  That's why I asked the question, and it might be something
I'd volunteer to help with.

It is offensive and absolutely incorrect for you to attribute to me
insulting the intelligence of the economically disadvantaged.  Why is it
you're so quick to assume such a dreadful thing???  Having had the honor
(and, yes, I consider it an honor) of having spent a huge chunk of my
professional life working with special populations, insulting intelligence
is not something I'd ever do, and SHAME on YOU for implying otherwise.

It is also incredibly offensive and insulting for you to think you have any
qualification whatsoever to preach to me about the plight of the
economically disadvantaged.  In addition to my professional experience, I
*was* one of the economically disadvantaged.  Until you've walked a mile in
my shoes as the single parent (of an infant) going to school full-time,
working full-time between two jobs, paying for child care, *not* eligible
for food stamps, and having to make the agonizing decision between buying
the antibiotic or the humidifier for a baby diagnosed with pneumonia because
I couldn't afford both, not to mention the day-to-day struggles, you'd do
best to hold your tongue.  Shame on you!

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2005, Saundra Lund.
Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****