[Vision2020] wallmart meeting

Reynolds, James jreynold at vetmed.wsu.edu
Tue Dec 20 12:40:34 PST 2005

Safeway's flower shop has done a lot for my marriage. I am a big fan.

I would like the option of a Super-center. I don't buy the aesthetics
argument against the super-center; beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

My friends who work at the current Wallmart are as happy as most people
with their jobs.

Is it right to punish the Wallmart corp. for being successful? They were
brave enough to put solid business theory to practice (low mark-up...big
volume of sales...big discount buyer) and have captured the market
because of that.

I question the idea that Wallmart depresses local economies. Our loss of
manufacturing jobs due to unfair trade agreements is what depresses
economies. Wallmart of course lobbies for these unfair trade agreements
like all the big corporations.

James Reynolds