[Vision2020] Narnia

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Mon Dec 19 14:28:40 PST 2005

Joan,

Yep.  But that is what I think C.S. Lewis said himself.  He wanted to get
children's imagination going so that they could grow into the true Myth. I
read something he wrote a long time ago saying that folks sometimes mistook
the Chronicles as allegory-they were never meant to be.  But there are still
many delightful parallels. In fact, I read a review of the movie criticizing
the movie's ability to transfer over some qualities of the book's Aslan that
were more Jesus like. The problem with a donkey perhaps is figuring out how
to present the donkey once he rose again.  Also, isn't man created just a
little lower than the angels?  The incarnation was an act of ultimate
humility, but it was not ugly or perverse.

Michael Metzler