[Vision2020] Narnia

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 22:11:45 PST 2005

On 12/18/05, Pat Kraut <pkraut at moscow.com> wrote:
> i understand from a friend that this is not a movie for young children. I  have read the books and it really shouldn't be because there are some things  that are scary. I know that CS Lewis's step-son has been very involved in the  production and he is holding them close to the truth of the books.

I don't mean to be contrary, but...

I read the books as a young child (at 6 or 7), and I read them to my
daughters when they were approximately the same age.  Millions of
parents (literally) have enjoyed this same experience with their
children, and cherished it as a fond memory.  Fiction helps us to cope
with our fears in a safe, comfortable environment (cuddled beneath the
blankets in bed, sitting next to Mom or Dad with a bag full of
popcorn).  Narnia does have its moments of slight suspense and
conflict, but story does not exist without conflict.  Life does not
exist without conflict.  A wonderful children's fantasy is a better
place to learn that than most.