[Vision2020] Shame on you Crabtree

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Dec 17 12:41:11 PST 2005

Mr. Nisbet is assuming way too much.

I NEVER said that I was (or am) a member of VFW..  I said:

"Next time I sit with a group of veterans, say . . . like the VFW . . . "

Another thing, Mr. Nisbet:  Simply because a candidate is a veteran DOES NOT
automatically qualify him/her for my boundless political support.  Although
I consider it, there is usually more at issue than that.

Concerning my injury.  I stated that it resulted from a training accident
that nearly cost me my life in Germany before I was medevac'd to Balboa
Naval Hospital in San Diego.

You really are struggling with the English language.

As far as Chas is concerned, I have no arguments with him.  I am glad to
hear that he is a veteran.  News item, Mr. Esbit.  Chas does qualify for
some veteran benefits.  To qualify for veteran benefits, one must simply
have been honorably discharged - nothing more, nothing less.

Suggestion for Chas:  Contact me off list.  I have phone numbers of various
VA offices in Boise I can pass on to you.  I think that you will be
surprised as to what you are qualified for.

If wishing you a Merry Christmas offends you, Mr. Nisbet, I am truly sorry.
Many of us simply understand the greeting of "Merry Christmas" as wishing
good will.

Happy Holidays, Mr. Nisbet.

And to Moscow, I wish a Merry Christmas.

sideways, chocolate in one hand, a drink in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. What a ride!'"