[Vision2020] Shame on you Crabtree

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Dec 17 06:41:02 PST 2005

Greetings Visionaires -

Mr. Nisbet stated:

"I was actually pretty unhappy about your reference to Tom Hanson as a
simpering douche bag.  I have a lot of friends who are simpering douche bags
and I know that all of them would be insulted to be called a Tom Hanson.
Who in their right mind would want to be a bitter angry REMF lifer double
dipper who eats shit and bothers people?"

In these waning days before Christmas it is certainly pleasing to see the
holiday spirit so warmly expressed.  By way of a heart-felt greeting
concerning yours truly, Mr. Nesbit reveals to V2020 subscribers that he has
learned a new acronym, REMF (short for Rear Echelon M****r F****r), and a
new term commonly used by our troops, lifer (a derogatory term referencing a
career soldier).

To some line unit fire teams I was a REMF during the period November 1969
thru June 1970 having been assigned such a lush position as an operations
clerk in the S-3 shop of 1st Battalion, 9th Infantry in Phu Bai, RVN.  You
certainly have me there, Mr. Nisbet.

And again, you are right.  I was a lifer, having served 20 years in the
Army.  Doesn't it just warm your heart, Moscow, being exposed to such
patriotic troop support as that reflected by Mr. Nesbit.  I am just as
certain that Mr. Nesbit more than likely has a "Support Our Troops" magnet
on his car.  That just goes to show his boundless patriotism.  I mean . . .
Here is Mr. Nesbit willing to permanently commit a portion of his worth in
support of our troops, while selfishly contracted my services to the
military where I was so generously compensated in excess of $300,000 for
just a small portion of my time (just over 20 years).

Lo and behold, though.  I am certain that Mr. Nesbit is mistaken when he
calls me a "double dipper".  It is true that I am receiving retirement pay
from the Army.  It is also true that I am receiving disability compensation
from the VA.  However, my Army retirement pay is offset by an amount equal
to my disability compensation.  But, maybe Mr. Nesbit is on to something.
Maybe we should restrict military retirement benefits and service-connected
disability compensation to simply allowing those double-dipping lifers to
marching in the annual Veterans' Day Parade.  That'll show 'em, huh Mr.
Nesbit?

As far as eating s**t is concerned, you'll have to file that complaint with
Winco.  A vast majority of my meals originate from their shelves.  I assume
that their products have been inspect.  But, then again, maybe you are on to
something.

Next time I sit with a group of veterans, say . . . like the VFW, I will be
certain to pass on your comments.

Take care, Moscow.

PS - One last thing for Mr. Nesbit . . . Merry Christmas.

sideways, chocolate in one hand, a drink in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. What a ride!'"