[Vision2020] business parking

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 15 14:05:51 PST 2005

On 15 Dec 2005, at 09:27, B. J. Swanson wrote:

> Hmmm... Black Friday, NSA not in session, not suprising that there
> were 22
> empty parking spaces.  By NSA's own calculations, they use about 80
> spaces.  22 minus 80 equals -58.  It's easy to tell when all Downtown
> parking is taken because then our lot is used by non-bank customers,
> too.
>
> I cruised Downtown twice yesterday and found NO empty spaces either
> time.
> I think an independent parking/economic impact study would put this
> issue
> to rest.  Linda Pall suggested the Conditional Use Permit language
> include "...plans, including student enrollment, staff on site, site
> development and future utilization schedules."  An excellent idea for
> ANY
> educational institution that wants to be Downtown.
>
> B. J. Swanson

I was downtown yesterday at 11 AM; Rose and I had dueling beauty shop
appointments at The Wild Hare.  We did the snake thing up and down the
rows of cars in the Jackson Street lot, finally locating one empty spot
on Row 6.  Now, I suppose I could get my hair done on Black Friday --
or I could go back to cutting it with the Flow-bee -- but I prefer
Diane Lundgren's work at The Wild Hare, and I prefer to have it cut at
my convenience, not NSA's.

Once and for all, let me explain this to you, Gee Crabtree (or, as I've
come to think of you, Kirk Composite) in terms that even Tarzan would
understand:

Educational institutions not allowed in Central Business District.
NSA located illegally.
NSA breaking law.  NSA need to stop.
NSA bad for parking.
Businesses suffer.
Business customers not happy.  Go somewhere else for books and haircuts.
Downtown retail kick bucket.  Poor downtown retail.
Tarzan have simple solution.  NSA move.  NSA move now.
Cheetah, Jane, and U-Haul help.

Ahahah-ooh-ooh-ooh!

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com