[Vision2020] More Women Come Forward

Janesta Carcich janestacarcich at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 14 11:32:33 PST 2005

Nick,

Thank you for keeping those of us who don't subscribe
to the paper informed about this matter.

--- Nick Gier <ngier at uidaho.edu> wrote:

> More potential victims surface in HIV case,
> Lewiston Tribune, December 14, 2005
>
> MOSCOW -- At least seven and possibly up to 20 or
> more people have been
> identified as potential victims of a 31-year-old
> Moscow man charged with
> transferring body fluids that may contain HIV,
> according to court records.
>
> A second case, including six new counts involving
> different women, has been
> filed against Kanay A. Mubita. A single count
> identifying another woman was
> filed last week. Mubita remained in the Latah County
> Jail Tuesday on a
> $20,000 bond.
>
> A preliminary hearing on all the counts has been
> scheduled for 9 a.m.
> Tuesday before Magistrate William Hamlett. Latah
> County Public Defender
> Charles Kovis of Moscow has been appointed to
> represent Mubita, who faces a
> maximum penalty of 15 years in prison and a $15,000
> fine on each count if
> convicted.
>
> According to additional police affidavit information
> filed in the second
> case, six women came forward in recent days to
> report they had sex with
> Mubita. All the women are identified by initials
> only and range in age from
> 21 to 37, according to records.
>
> Another three women left messages with police that
> they had sex with
> Mubita, according to records, and authorities have
> received information
> about nine additional potential victims who have yet
> to make contact with
> authorities.
>
> "The god you worship is the god you deserve."
> ~~ Joseph Campbell
>
> "Abstract truth has no value unless it incarnates in
> human beings who
> represent it, by proving their readiness to die for
> it."
>   --Mohandas Gandhi
>
> "Modern physics has taught us that the nature of any
> system cannot be
> discovered by dividing it into its component parts
> and studying each part
> by itself. . . .We must keep our attention fixed on
> the whole and on the
> interconnection between the parts. The same is true
> of our intellectual
> life. It is impossible to make a clear cut between
> science, religion, and
> art. The whole is never equal simply to the sum of
> its various parts."
> --Max Planck
>
> Nicholas F. Gier
> Professor Emeritus, Department of Philosophy,
> University of Idaho
> 1037 Colt Rd., Moscow, ID 83843
> http://users.adelphia.net/~nickgier/home.htm
> 208-882-9212/FAX 885-8950
> President, Idaho Federation of Teachers, AFL-CIO
> http://users.adelphia.net/~nickgier/ift.htm

>  List services made available by First Step
> Internet,

Janesta Carcich

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, any distribution or copying of this transmittal is strictly prohibited and is not a waiver of any applicable privilege.  If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the original transmission and its attachments.