[Vision2020] More Women Come Forward

Nick Gier ngier at uidaho.edu
Wed Dec 14 11:03:37 PST 2005

More potential victims surface in HIV case,
Lewiston Tribune, December 14, 2005

MOSCOW -- At least seven and possibly up to 20 or more people have been
identified as potential victims of a 31-year-old Moscow man charged with
transferring body fluids that may contain HIV, according to court records.

A second case, including six new counts involving different women, has been
filed against Kanay A. Mubita. A single count identifying another woman was
filed last week. Mubita remained in the Latah County Jail Tuesday on a
$20,000 bond.

A preliminary hearing on all the counts has been scheduled for 9 a.m.
Tuesday before Magistrate William Hamlett. Latah County Public Defender
Charles Kovis of Moscow has been appointed to represent Mubita, who faces a
maximum penalty of 15 years in prison and a $15,000 fine on each count if
convicted.

According to additional police affidavit information filed in the second
case, six women came forward in recent days to report they had sex with
Mubita. All the women are identified by initials only and range in age from
21 to 37, according to records.

Another three women left messages with police that they had sex with
Mubita, according to records, and authorities have received information
about nine additional potential victims who have yet to make contact with
authorities.

"The god you worship is the god you deserve."
~~ Joseph Campbell

"Abstract truth has no value unless it incarnates in human beings who
represent it, by proving their readiness to die for it."
  --Mohandas Gandhi

"Modern physics has taught us that the nature of any system cannot be
discovered by dividing it into its component parts and studying each part
by itself. . . .We must keep our attention fixed on the whole and on the
interconnection between the parts. The same is true of our intellectual
life. It is impossible to make a clear cut between science, religion, and
art. The whole is never equal simply to the sum of its various parts."
--Max Planck

Nicholas F. Gier
Professor Emeritus, Department of Philosophy, University of Idaho
1037 Colt Rd., Moscow, ID 83843
http://users.adelphia.net/~nickgier/home.htm
208-882-9212/FAX 885-8950
President, Idaho Federation of Teachers, AFL-CIO
http://users.adelphia.net/~nickgier/ift.htm