[Vision2020] LELDF

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Mon Dec 12 10:41:09 PST 2005

Several Days ago I received a solicitation from a Stephanie Mohr on behalf of The Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund.
She was a Police Officer . She and her partner apprehended two people in the process of a burglary. They did not stop when ordered to. She released her dog that was trained to grab and hold. She was sent to prision for ten years because of the dog bit. She was soliciting money for the LELDF who is defending her. This smelled fishy to me. Why would any jury Judge sent an officer to jail for 10 years, when they were doing what they were trained to do? I checked them out on the internet. They are a legitimate organization and her case is listed. What I find disturbing is that when I ran them through Charity Navigator I found that they had a poor rating. Here is their rating:
Program Expense             9.8%
administration                11.2%
fundraising                        78.9%
fundraising efficiency         0.64

Peer Analysis
                                                         score           stars
LELDF                                                10.94          0
Center for Constitutional rights        54.42          ***
The Legal Aid Society                        48.82          **
Equal Justice America                        49.38          **
Homless Advocacy Project                35.63           *

Would Jenifer or anyone else care to comment

Roger Falen