[Vision2020] Department of Health Question

Janesta Carcich janestacarcich at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 12 00:08:23 PST 2005

I am more than curious. Does anyone know the role of
the Department of Health regarding the recent HIV
incident? Will posters be put up in the businesses
Kanay frequented, to inform women who may have had
intimate contact with him?

I strongly feel education is the key to reaching these
women, and was wondering who was taking charge of
this? I have read the paper, and seen the TV. What of
those student’s who are in dead week, or don’t read
the paper, or watch TV?

If anyone knows, or has ideas, I am interested in
hearing answers and ideas. I think the HIPPA laws are
very important. However, he has been arrested, and is
in jail, as those of us who read vision2020 know. He
is HIV+ and has had relations with unsuspecting women,
(who should have used condoms, or abstained
 but that
is another letter).

This is something Moscow hasn’t faced before. We can
use this incident as a way to catalyze our community
into action, as a team, or bury our heads in the sand
and act as if this never happens. I would venture to
guess, Kanay is not the first, nor will he be the last
person to do this. Either, knowingly or unknowingly. I
sincerely hope the bar owners take responsible action,
put posters up, and educate people. It is
uncomfortable. A business owner may wonder if they
will lose business. I think they will gain respect,
for being pro-active.

I have lived in a safe little bubble, my community of
Moscow, for over 40 years. The bubble has been burst.
It is in my face, in spite of whether I want it there
or not. Africa is a long way away. We don’t see the
suffering there. HIV is not in some faraway land
fellow citizens; it is HERE!

We can argue about statistics of condom use, no use,
or abstinence. Makes no difference, people are going
to be sexually active regardless of our personal
beliefs.

If someone hears about a plan, please let me know.

Thanks!
Janesta Carcich

Janesta Carcich

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, any distribution or copying of this transmittal is strictly prohibited and is not a waiver of any applicable privilege.  If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the original transmission and its attachments.