[Vision2020] A response to John D's Troll on Iraq

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 11 23:39:59 PST 2005

John D Troll

You put forward a list which seems to have resonance with Tom Hansen and
Nick Gier.

This is that list;

Should these people be removed from power too? I think they should. Will we
see 'nation building' in their countries too?

  José Eduardo dos Santos, Angola
  Ilham Aliyev, Azerbaijan
  Alexander Lukashenko, Belarus
  Than Shwe, Burma
  François Bozizé, Central African Republic
  Idriss Déby, Chad
  Fidel Castro, Cuba
  Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, Equatorial Guinea
  Hosni Mubarak, Eygpt
  Khamtai Siphandon, Laos
  Muammar al-Qaddafi, Libya
  Maumoon Abdul Gayoom, Maldives
  Ely Ould Mohamed Vall, Mauritania
  Kim Jong-il, North Korea
  Omar Hassan Ahmad al-Bashir, Sudan
  Bashar al-Assad, Syria
  Zine El Abidine Ben Ali, Tunisia
  Saparmurat Niyazov, Turkmenistan
  Islam Karimov, Uzbekistan

First, Why are you so adverse to ‘nation building’?  Are you saying to us
that we should never be opposed to the actions of a dictator or what that
totalitarian does within the borders of their country?

If you think that we should not ever engage in Nation Building, then I would
have to assume that you opposed boycotts to end Afrikaaner Aparteid, that
you would have opposed the Marshall Plan at the end of WW II and that you
opposed US intervention in Bosnia and Kosovo?

Then I gandered carefully at your list.

Some of the countries and people’s you list are repressive, but they are not
engaged in genocide or other acts against humanity.

On some of the list, however, the President/Generals you list are indeed
involved in actions that violate the Genocide Treaty.  So are you suggesting
that we should not act to halt Genocide?  Or is it that you do not wish to
‘nation build’ once  a genocidal totalitarian dictator is deposed?

And of course, any situation in which a minority is oppressed or in which a
minority oppresses a majority would not be opposed by you.  So the 250,000
murdered East Timorese should just be forgotten?  Should Rhodesia and White
South Africa be returned to their previous status quo?

Please actually reply with answers and try actually stating your name.

Phil Nisbet