[Vision2020] 400 Verizon Employees vs. Area Growth

Bill London london at moscow.com
Wed Dec 7 15:00:58 PST 2005

I do know a little about Verizon employees (formerly GTE employees) since my
wife was one (from 1984 to 1996), working primarily in downtown Moscow.
GTE/Verizon has three major sites in Moscow (just north of Roseaur's, on
Howard by the American Legion cabin, and downtown).  GTE/Verizon may have
had 400 Moscow employees at one point, but about 20 years ago the number of
employees downtown was about 100.
GTE/Verizon provided a parking lot (on Jackson Street where the taco wagon
is now parked) for their downtown employees.  But that lot was insufficient
and many employees used the public lot when the GTE lot was full.
BL