[Vision2020] Does Phil Nisbet Practice Anti-Gentilism?

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Wed Dec 7 11:30:50 PST 2005

Nick writes:

"Phil joins Biblical absolutists such as Doug Wilson (his new term to describe himself) in condemning all Bible scholars who do not agree with their traditional view of Jewish or Christian doctrine."

While I do not accuse Phil of this, it is not surprising that Cultmaster Wilson should call himself a Biblical Absolutist (meaning his exclusive interpretation of the Bible).  Such aggrandizing of himself is just another instance of his out of control egomania and megalomania.

Perhaps a few remember this revealing snippet from the corrections in the Daily News:
ACCURACY MATTERS

Christ Church pastor Doug Wilson was incorrectly quoted in the weekend paper due to a Daily News error.

In the front page article headlined, "Both sides point fingers; can there be

a middle ground?"  Wilson was quoted as saying:

"I've never been in anything like this, and I've never changed my views on anything."

What he actually said was:

"I've never been in anything like this, and I've never changed.  I've never changed what I do, [sic] I've not changed anything."

When anyone says:

"I've never changed.  I've never changed what I do, [sic] I've not changed anything."

Most would take the ordinary meaning of this most curious and revealing utterance as:

"I have never made a mistake!!!"

For those Christians who believe that in some unfathomable, non-linguistically-intelligible/expressible way their alleged God, alleged Holy Ghost, and Jesus are one and the same, the only being who could assert that she/he/it has never made a mistake is an incarnations of GOD HIMSELF.

Hence, the above quote from Cult Master Wilson is equivalent to saying:

"I am God!!!"

Can you say "Are we dealing with severe mental health problems here?"?

In my opinion those that take or pretend to take Wilson seriously must either be economically dependent upon him, or are unwholesomely ovine, have very deep needs that beclouds their judgment, and/or have some seriously unresolved problems for which such blind, irrational faith acts as a mask.

I wonder what would happen to the Christ Church Cult if they instituted a conflict of interest by-law similar to that of many honest, adherent to basic Christianity churches:

No one shall serve as an elder or deacon who is economically dependent upon in any manner or related by blood or marriage to any paid church employee or religious professional.

Just as a far-fetched guess, if the Christ Church Cult were to implement such a policy, there would be some drastic changes both in personnel and in community relations.

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com