[Vision2020] One small error

Nick Gier ngier at uidaho.edu
Wed Dec 7 11:28:46 PST 2005

Greetings:

For those who read that far in my response to Phil, there is a dropped
word, which I've inserted in full caps, in the following sentence:

Our invasion of Iraq has not stabilized the country or the Middle East, and
it has not reduced the threat of terror attacks around the world. It has
created more terrorists and an Iraqi insurgency whose force has not
diminished. In fact, we did such a poor job of securing Iraq's remaining
arsenal that Iraqi insurgents now have a huge supply of artillery shells to
make roadside and car bombs for years to come.  And much to El Baradei's
horror, the seals that UN inspectors had put on Saddam's nuclear sites were
broken after the invasion.  There were plenty of troops guarding the Iraqi
OIL ministry but no troops at the antiquities museum or at the weapons
depots.  But I'm concentrating on Bush's deceptions, not his outright
incompetence.

Nick Gier