[Vision2020] Re: SIDEWALKS

Nils Peterson nils_peterson at wsu.edu
Wed Dec 7 11:00:19 PST 2005

On 12/7/05 9:53 AM, "Kit Crane" wrote:

> I have raised this issue with the City for a couple of years regarding
> residential sidewalks. Last year, I went so far as to collect addresses
> and complain to the police. The dispatcher didn‚t seem to know what to
> do--or how to report--a rather long list.

What if we had a map that could be readily updated my citizens to show
places with issues and to delete places where the issue has gone away.

I tried creating such a map here:
http://wayfaring.com/maps/show/1800

To edit, you would need to create an account at Wayfaring (its free) to
edit, I've made the map open to community editing.

If you do decide to try editing, use the "Note" rather than the "Waypoint"
to add your spot, and don't forget to save map. You can add points by
address or by clicking a spot. I just click the spot; If you have tried
addresses in online mapping systems, you know that sometimes they don't seem
to lie at the right physical location.

If you do experiment, I'd love to hear back, either on list of off.

I'm talking with the developers of Waypoint. This application of their tool
suggests some other features that would be needed, among them a ready way to
monitor that the map was changing.