[Vision2020] SIDEWALKS

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Tue Dec 6 16:30:09 PST 2005

Janesta,

Thank you for reminding us all again that there are those who have
difficulty navigating and traveling.  You have my sympathy.  Even though I
am more or less able-bodied, there are many places in Moscow including parts
of the business areas where I walk with trepidation when it is icy.

Three ideas are offered for discussion:

1.    This situation may represent an entrepreneurial opportunity for some
individuals or groups.

2.    Perhaps we should start posting the names of the
businesses/organizations who do not keep their sidewalks safe on V 2020 and
on various community bulletin boards.  The consumer can then decide whether
to patronize them.

3.    Perhaps the city council could be encouraged to work actively on this
problem.

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com