[Vision2020] Pre-Response to Phil Nisbet

Janesta Carcich janestacarcich at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 4 19:04:18 PST 2005

Hi everyone,

Am I once again having problems with e-mail? Several
of the posts I read have one or two words on every
other sentance. Donavans was one loooooooong sentance.

Nick, I apologise coming into your post with this, but
it is an example.

Thanks for anyone's input to me privately on this
matter, and how to fix it. It is quite annoying.

Janesta

--- Nick Gier <ngier at uidaho.edu> wrote:

> This is just a pre-posting in response to Phil
> Nisbet's critique of my post
> "The Deceptions of War."  A full response will
> follow tomorrow.
>
> Dear Phil,
>
> You are the smartest and best informed Republican
> that I know. I don't call
> you a conservative because I know that libertarians
> don't like that, but
> I'm more than ever convinced, after your defense of
> nation building, that
> you are not a libertarian either.  (More on this in
> my next post.)  So the
> only label I have left is "Republican" and "Bush
> apologist," but those two
> are no longer necessarily synonymous.  Given Bush's
> lack of fiscal
> discipline and fondness for new entitlement
> programs, the gap between Bush
> apologists and true libertarians is now even
> greater.
>
> Phil, it baffles me that you want to distract your
> readers with occasional
> gratuitous insertions of a sarcastic "Dr. Gier" in
> your critique of my
> "Deceptions of War." This is as rude as Dale
> Courtney's sophomoric
> translation of my Ph.D. as "Piled Higher and
> Deeper."  I'm not amused, and
> I don't think our fellow visionaries are either.
>
> Phil, I'm also flabbergasted that you, after posting
> intelligently on
> almost any issue, then have the audacity to say that
> I should not put
> together my own views on Iraq from a file of
> material that I'm sure is
> larger than yours.  (I've been forced to archive
> over half of it in my
> garage.)  I could just as well tell you to "zip it"
> with regard to Judaism
> because you have a traditional, rather than a
> scholarly, view of your own
> religion.  But to do that would be outrageous on my
> part.
>
> I've learned a lot about Judaism from your postings,
> and I just want a
> little more respect for how Ralph and I deal with
> the Hebrew Bible and
> religion in the American Academy of Religion and
> Society for Biblical
> Literature.  Your response to my "Katrina and the
> Wrath of God" was really
> off cue.
>
> By the way, I'm working on a very long piece
> entitled "The Wonder That
> Was--and still is--India," and it will posted next
> week.  But I will not be
> cowed by your insinuations that I cannot use my
> critical and scholarly
> skills to write about any topic that I choose.  That
> is absurd.
>
> I need to get back to your apologies for Bush's
> disaster in Iraq.
>
> Nick Gier

>  List services made available by First Step
> Internet,

Janesta Carcich

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, any distribution or copying of this transmittal is strictly prohibited and is not a waiver of any applicable privilege.  If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the original transmission and its attachments.