[Vision2020] And now a word from General Lay-Z-Boy?

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 4 15:18:58 PST 2005

On 2 Dec 2005, at 16:01, Pat Kraut wrote:

> Tell me something Tom; did you know what the benefits for service
> people
> were before we sent them to Iraq? Did you know when Clinton sent them
> Bosnia? When did you get so interested? When you thought it was some
> more
> good stuff against Bush?? Or have you always know what was happening
> with
> the soldiers and been actively working for them?
> PK

I am genuinely aghast at the insensitivity, the ignorance, and the
sheer hubris of your questions, Pat.  Tom Hansen not only served his
country in the Army for 22 years; he is a tireless defender of
America's veterans.  He knows these issues inside-out, and whether or
not he agrees with a particular military action, he has never to my
knowledge made the grotesque mistake of blaming the men and women in
uniform for carrying out their duties under *any* commander-in-chief.

You have told us time and again that we are doing the right thing in
Iraq, Pat, and that George Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, et al,
are clearly the men most fit to lead us, but how do you treat those
called upon to carry out their grand schemes and grandiose plans?  You
repeatedly, rudely, and ungratefully dismiss the Average GI Joe's
concerns; you attack our military personnel; you belittle their
sacrifice; and you betray a profound lack of respect for the work our
military folk do under what are universally-acknowledged to be
abhorrent conditions.  This is far worse than playing armchair general
-- this is blaming the victims.  How can you possibly defend the
actions of George W. Bush while condemning our men and women on the
ground?

Rarely have I read anything on this list that has disgusted me as much
as have your past three posts.  Shame on you, Pat.  Shame on you,
indeed.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com