[Vision2020] Questions Lack Specifics...

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Sat Aug 27 19:12:03 PDT 2005

Phil et. al.

I find that I missed one of Phil's proposed questions, partly due to the fact
he put this question in quotes at the top of his post, and I thought the
quotes indicated this was one of his primary questions:

"What should the Foriegn Policy role of Nation States be in our
times?"

Then he posed two more questions at the bottom of his post.

One of those questions is a more specific question connected to the question
above, that is still far too broad compared to the question we were
addressing, regarding whether the long term securing of fossil fuel resources in the
Middle East was a motivating factor in the invasion and occupation of Iraq, under
the subject heading "Why Invading Iraq Makes "Oil" Sense."

Phil question I missed, that I think is still far too broad, and again, more
suitable for a book title, is:

"when do we have the right to intervene in the
affairs of another Nation State and what are the acceptable reasons for war."

I am inclined to pose questions that are too broad for a focused discussion,
and have had to resist this tendency, so I can speak from experience in an
academic setting for being criticized for presenting too unfocused a thesis.

Ted Moffett