[Vision2020] Disconcerting Experience

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 20:38:14 PDT 2005

Reverse kudos to Dale Courtney for providing me a disconcerting
experience.  Today, perusing his www.right-mind.us, I discovered an
out-of-context quotation from my introductory Vision2020 message,
which I had posted on 6 August.  This wasn't particularly sinister,
but I did find it misleading that he composed his anti-abortion sermon
in a manner suggesting that Nick Gier had responded directly to me,
which was not the case.  Nick's words, in fact, were culled from a
message left nearly three weeks later.

I did make the quoted statement, and I stand by it, but I do object to
the representation that Nick and I had been engaged in dialogue.  I
respect Nick fiercely, and I would happily engage in any sort of
communication with him, dialogue or otherwise, but that did not occur
in this instance.

The out-of-context quotation, for the curious, I duplicate here:  "I'm
a bisexual ex-Christian who thinks that abortions should be granted at
the drop of a hat."  I call it out-of-context because this information
was originally included only to demonstrate the chasm of belief
between myself and Doug Wilson, who I was uncharacteristically
defending.