[Vision2020] Same Old Tiresome Choices

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Aug 24 15:31:43 PDT 2005

>From today's (August 24, 2005) Moscow-Pullman Daily News with a special
thanks to Dan Schmidt.

Same old tiresome choices

I stopped participating in Vision 2020 because it was so dominated by the
great polarizer, Doug Wilson. I got a sense for how he thought and it had no
intrigue and no interest. Demagoguery and closed mindedness draws out the
reaction of opposition or agreement, both tiresome choices.

Now, the Daily News has given the microphone to a similar speaker. Ed
Iverson presents a false dichotomy and then demands a choice, like there
really is such a thing. I think he's been watching Master Wilson too long.

The Daily News is just trying to sell papers (Duh!). If this is your idea of
promoting a community discussion I suggest a booth at the Saturday market:
"Arguments $5".

Dan Schmidt, Moscow

Thanks, Dan.

Perhaps Mr. Iverson could better serve Doug Wilson's interest by going
halves with him on a whine celler.

Take care, Moscow.

"I think one of the best ways to support education is to make successful
private schools like Logos prosper through tax exemption."

- Donovan Arnold (July 11, 2005)