[Vision2020] To Joe Campbell

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 24 10:48:03 PDT 2005

Joe

Where in what I wrote did I mention your name?  Where in what I wrote did I
mention the CCers?  Where in what I wrote did I mention Doug Wilson?

I wrote what I did, Joe, because of things said and written about something
totally different than the CC controversy.  I left out names because I have
no intention of fueling any further fires.  I was specifcally pointing out
that no side in any controversy around here is free of bigotry.

All of you in what is a Christian majority around here are engaged in a
sectarian fight and you tend to view everything around in light of that
battle.  Not everything that happens in this town is related to that
'culture war'.

I was refering, Joe, to nasty bigoted comments that were directed at me as a
JEW, which last I checked puts me pretty far from being a member of either
of your sides in the CC versus other Xtain denominations fight.  That the
commnets were made by people who support you in driving out the CCers was
not generally mentioned in what I wrote, but happens to be the case.  Phone
calls made to me calling me a dirty and greedy Jew, happened and they were
not strawmen.

As I noted, I have found more acceptance in the backwoods of this MY state,
a state in which my ancestors were indeed pioneers, than from many in the
more 'liberal' community here in Moscow.  I have discussed this offline with
a number of folks.  There is intolerance in us all and bigotry in us all and
combating turning such hostility into acts of community destroying violence
and hatred is everybody's job.

Now if you chose to play with the strawman that you create in suggesting
that my letter on toleration is about the CC fight, feel free.  View the
world with what ever glasses trip your trigger.  But do not confuse me with
somebody you have the slightest clue about.

Phil Nisbet