[Vision2020] Public Prayer

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 10:59:31 PDT 2005

"You have, once again, missed the point.  The Bible
Wayne cites is not "Catholic" or "Protestant" but one
of the best and most scholarly attempts at an accurate
translation of those gospels that considered essential
by most of the world's Christians and Christian
academics." ---JO

Two points:

One, Your wrong about Young's Bible. It is not more
widely used and respected by all Christians than the
Catholic Bibles or the KJV.

WIDELY USED TRANSLATIONS

Literal Translations:
(Word for word, most accurate)

• King James Version
• New King James Version
• New American Standard
• American Standard Version
• Revised Version
• King James II Bible
• The Holy Bible in Modern English
• Young's Literal Translation
• Jewish Publication Society

http://www.thercg.org/articles/wbtsyu.html

Two, you miss the point, and are trying to win by
dwelling on a technical point irrelevant to the
argument. Even Young's Bible does not interpret the
verse as having the same meaning as Wayne and Chas try
to apply to it. Christ prayed in public, so he was not
opposed to public gatherings for worship. To take a
position He did has no basis in reality and runs
counter to all Bibles and scholarly interpretations.

---That is argument, not how many people read Young's
Bible or what status among Catholics.

Donovan J Arnold