[Vision2020] Wall of separation argument leaps tall building in a single bound!

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 18 22:56:34 PDT 2005

"Let me get this straight: arguing that city council
meetings should not officially begin with a Christian
prayer is equivalent to a total ban on religious
expression and this will ultimately lead to genocide?"
JO

Who is arguing that city council meeting should began
with a "Christian Prayer"?

I was simply arguing that if a large number of people
feel a need to pray before a meeting that the
remainder allow them that courtesy.

If 90% of the people in a room need to go to bathroom
and I do not, is it polite for me try and block the
break because I do not feel a need to pee at the
moment?

If I am at a meeting with ten people and 4 are
diabetic and need to eat at 6 PM, should I vote to
have dinner at 7 PM because I would rather eat at 7
PM? No, I do the courteous thing.

Same thing goes with public meetings. Some people do
not feel comfortable that their elected officials will
make the right decisions without some guidance from a
divine being, why not afford a few seconds for them to
meet that need?

Why not? Is waiting one minute for people to do
something that is very important to them so hard? You
wait 7 minutes for soda at the checkout stand, yet you
cannot wait one minute to do something nice for a
fellow human? If it does not cause you an overbearing
hardship, just be nice and let people meet their
needs.

Donovan J Arnold