[Vision2020] Building and development planning

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Thu Aug 18 00:34:54 PDT 2005

Donovan et. al.

Ted wrote:

"You might think about how higher gas prices are going
to impact the lower classes?"

Donovan wrote:

Not nearly as much as high local taxes. You ask
yourself which we have a greater degree of control
over, gas prices or outrageous local taxes? Ask which
is easier to compensate for, less gas or high taxes
and no housing?

Fossil fuel costs impact nearly every significant economic variable, from
local, state and federal taxes, to the cost of food, consumer goods, housing
costs, on and on... What fuels our military?  The airlines?  Industrial
agriculture?  Tourism?  Shipping of goods, whether by truck, train or ocean vessel?
State, Federal and local taxpayer supported construction projects?  Need I go on?

If fossil fuel costs double due to demand and scarcity, what happens to the
costs of everything dependent on them?

Ted Moffett