[Vision2020] Public prayer on public money

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Wed Aug 17 19:50:29 PDT 2005

Darn.  You caught me.

keely

From: Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com>
To: keely emerinemix <kjajmix1 at msn.com>, thansen at moscow.com,
joanopyr at earthlink.net, vision2020 at moscow.com
Subject: RE: [Vision2020] Public prayer on public money
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 19:19:22 -0700 (PDT)

Keely,

So in order to prevent Joe Bob Council Member from
looking like a false prophet, you want to ban public
prayer even from the audience that has to live with
the decisions of the council? Well, that is about as
logical as your statement that the MSD student
enrollment is going to go up because new houses are
being built.
Why you wish to block people from connecting with God
is beyond me. Prayer is something we should be able to
do always and everywhere, not just when the government
wants us to. You treat prayer as though it is
something that should only be done in the privacy of
their own home or church when nobody is looking, as
though it is something we should be ashamed about. I
think we need more encouragement of prayer, not less.
If people want to do it for show, let them, no harm
done, but blocking people from praying because someone
really is only pretending to pray is not a logical way
of thinking or to those that genuinely wish to pray
and ask for guidance. Banning prayer is preventing
people from connecting with God. That is what you are
advocating. Period.

Donovan J Arnold

http://mail.yahoo.com