[Vision2020] Liberal Island (August 9, 2005)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Aug 9 21:11:38 PDT 2005

Greetings Visionaires -

Earlier today I was asked by a friend to record this evening's Liberal
Island broadcast.  My friend was going to be out of town and not
anticipating being in listening range of the show until long after it had
concluded.  Since I listen to Citizen Ament's Liberal Island regularly I
agreed.

Having only lived in Moscow since I transferred here from North Idaho
College in 1992 I am unfamiliar with Bob Green.  That being the case, I had
not originally planned on recording the show.

I am most certainly thankful to my friend for her request.  The show on a
scale of 1 to 10 (1 having the pleasure of a root canal, 10 being game #7 of
last year's ALCS between the Red Sox and Yankees), this week's Liberal
Island with Citizen Ament's interview of Bob Green ranks an easy 25.

So, for those of you who were physically incapable of tuning in your radio
dial at 6:30 this evening, and still believe that Vision 2020 (even with its
non-moderated flaws) provides benefits that far outweigh its critics:

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Liberal_Island/

Take care, Moscow.

"If not us, who?
If not now, when?"