[Vision2020] Quinlan

TIM RIGSBY tim.rigsby at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 7 22:00:20 PDT 2005

Donovan:

You are correct stating that Fred Phelps never came to Moscow.  He planned
on coming but changed his plans at the last minute.  His reason for coming
to Moscow was to support the silly frat boys who attempted to burn the flag.
  Even though Phelps never stepped foot on Moscow soil, does not mean that
Phelps did not have plans to harbor violence againts homosexuals here.
Violent words can sometimes cause more damage to people than violent
actions.  Had Fred Phelps come to Moscow, would you have been there in
protest against him?  Quinlan is concerned with human rights because as you
know he has challenged people who are trying to bring down human rights.
Common decency is a good thing and I commend Quinlan for using his academic
prowess to attain common decency.

If the burning of the flag had nothing to do with hate, then what were the
motives, a silly prank.  "Hey guys this will be funny lets burn the queers
flag!  Yeah, great idea."  Does that seem a little bit on the disrespecful
side?  Buring of the GSA flag has everything to do with hate and nothing to
do with love.  How can destroying something that is used as a sign of pride
and togetherness be a good thing?  Which member of the burn squad is gay by
the way?  Do you really think that s/he would have supported burning a flag
that probably represents a lot to him/her?  I have a lot of gay friends and
it seems as though it is really quite difficult for them to be gay in Moscow
given all the animosity and stares they receive when they are in public with
their partner.

Concerning Wil, do you know something the cops don't know?  Do you know for
sure that the police never established motive for his death?  Is it possible
that Wil being homosexual had something to do with his death?  Why exactly
was Wil murdered?  As far as I can tell no one knows for sure why Wil was
murdered and why his remains were found where they were.  Seems to me that
no one will ever know for sure what happened.  I do hope that his killer(s)
do come forward with the truth and I hope that Wil's murder had nothing to
do with him being homosexual but I won't hold my breath.

Doug Wilson makes some pretty outrageous claims about slavery,
homosexuality, and not so popular biblical principles.  Steve Wilkins,
Doug's friend, also makes some pretty outrageosu claims.  Doug is associated
with Neo-Cons, Steve is too.  Doug co-wrote a book supporting slavery, Steve
did too.  Most of the things Doug and Steve support are similar to, Butler,
Phelps, Dabney, and many other people who are known to defend slavery,
denounce homosexuality, and promote the killing of homosexuals.  Seems as
though Quinlan has done a wonderful job tying hate speech, potential hate
crimes, and Wilson together.  Don't forget that people tend to follow
religous folk and do what religous leaders say.  Remember Waco?

The bottom line is that Wilson supports some unpopular views, Quinlan
supports some popular views, and people need to be treated with respect and
dignity.

Tim

This post is protected under copyright law.  Any reproduction must be
granted by the author prior to use.  Do not duplicate, quote, or otherwise
borrow without expressed written permission fromt he author.  Copyright
2005.
Revolution is not a word but an application; it is not war but peace; it
does not weaken, but strengthens. Revolution does not cause separation; it
generates togetherness.
-John Africa, Strategic Revolution