[Vision2020] Bishop: Bombing Hiroshima, Nagasaki Same As Terrorism

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 6 16:24:01 PDT 2005

Quotes from Ike no less, gee, I guess we should be impressed.  Trouble is
that Eisenhower was not commander in the Pacific and had no way of knowing
or understanding the situation there.

On August 6th 1945, in Okinawa, my father was attempting to bring holdouts
from caves in the hills.  The Sgt translator beside him was shot dead.  That
unit of the Americal was expected to be the beachhead unit when they headed
for the Japanese Home Islands.  My dad still has lovely pictures of Japanese
civilians litering the beach below the bluffs of the seaside, where they
were assisted to die by the Japanese troops.

The Emperor's intervention and call to end the war were critical, not Soviet
actions.  Hirohito called for an end to the war based upon what he had seen
of the events in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.  If he had not called for
compliance, the people who attempted to stop peace moves would have been
successful in prolonging the war.  The number of Japanese who died would
have been far greater in the event of invasion, regardless of if it was the
Americans or the Soviets who invaded first.  Heck more died in the
conventional bombing after the two atom bombs, during the week leading to
final agreement to surrender.

And of course nowhere in the followup screed do we find the original premise
that dropping the bomb was an act of terrorism.  Yet we are treated to the
same old tired, look at the crane holding 'victim' looking for peace.  So
where is the reference to the peace loving brethern of that young man and
the slaughter they created in China, the Philipines, Thailand, Burma,
Malaya, Indonesia and the Pacific Islands?  The Peace Loving Japanese have
not even said they are sorry for the Rape of Nanking or for the death camps
they ran or the medical expiriments they conducted on civilians or their use
of Germ Warfare on chinese.  "Victim" my eye.

Phil Nisbet