[Vision2020] BOCC/Assessor

Barrett Schroeder Barrett at hideandfur.com
Fri Apr 29 14:20:16 PDT 2005

The nominees for Assessor were chosen by the
Democrat Central Committee Thursday evening
and they are:

Rich Levengood
Pat Vaughan
Khaliela Wright

None of the nominees currently works in the Assessor's
office. Pat Vaughan was a candidate for Commissioner
in the Democrat Primary last year.

The names were alphabetical in the Commissioners'
press release (text below), so I don't know if the Democrats
expressed any preferences.  I also don't know how
many people came forward for the job. The last time
Republicans had to do this (for Commissioner) we had
about 20 people apply and submitted 3 names to the
Governor. Before that we had just 2 applicants for Latah
County Treasurer.

Barrett

The text of the Commissioners' Press Release:
The Latah County Board of Commissioners will be meeting on Tuesday, May 3rd,
5:30PM, in Courtroom 1 at the Latah County Courthouse to consider the three
nominations for Latah County Assessor.

As provided for in Idaho Code, the Board received a list of nominations from
the Latah County Democratic Central Committee.  Nominees include: Rich
Levengood, Pat Vaughan, and Khaliela Wright. The Board will meet with these
candidates at the Tuesday meeting.  The public is encouraged to attend and
meet with the candidates.

Final appointment of Assessor is scheduled for Wednesday, May 4th, 1:30 PM
in Room 2B.