[Vision2020] Off-List-- Security Guards in High School?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 29 05:08:51 PDT 2005

Saundra,

I am replying to you off list because I think posting about it on list needs
to stop. The levy is over and we need to move on. We have two elementary
schools that are falling apart. We need to fix them not tear each other
apart..

You wrote to me,

“Since I'm interested in facts rather than understandings/misunderstandings,
misinformation, or scare tactics, and since I value credibility,. . .”

REALLY? When did this concern blossom? To bad this was not an issue with you
before April 26, 2005.

Let’s see, when the people said the current school was old and falling apart
your posts correcting this information was where?

When the MSD website said the tax rate would be $1.26 when it really would
be $2.22 per $100,000 where was your concern for accuracy then?

Where is it recorded that you corrected proponents of the levy that said the
proposed Trail site was not in a flood plain?

When Keely said Moscow residents had to struggle to pay for the current high
school when in fact it was paid for by the federal government through the
Public Works Administration and maintenance and operation costs supported by
a state wide property levy tax, where was your outrage and concern for
misinformation then?

I could go on with this but why? You know this stuff already.

You have a very selective concern for misinformation Saundra. This concern
seems to selectively only manifest itself when it is conveniently in
advantage to your side of the issue.

You raised concern over my comment, as you quoted it, "It is my
understanding that the law requires security guards at every high school
now."

I never stated that IT WAS IN FACT THE LAW, as your argument seems to be
predicated upon. I never researched it, nor will I. I said that it was my
understanding. That understanding was based on a conversation I had with an
MSD employee (I don remember his name but I believe he was a coach and
member of FPC I think his name was paul). We were discussing why costs were
so much higher for running the high school at the Saturday presentation of
the levy at the High School. One of the reasons stated was because a
security guard was mandated by federal law. If this is incorrect you need to
take this up with the FPC not me. I do not care one way or the other.

“Last night, a V2020 poster asked you for more information, but I don't see
that you've responded to that request . . .”

Well Saundra, if Jackie Woolf wishes me to respond to her emails, especially
ones where she slams on people and makes ad hominem attacks, she needs to
put her name to it. I think it cowardice that people hide who they are,
attack others, and expect to be given the same credibility and respect as
those that attach their names to their comments. I may not agree with
everything others say on here, but at least they have the courage to attach
their name to the text. I think if we DO NOT  ignore these people it only
attracts people like Faul Ottomatix on here. Vision 2020 was not designed
for people to make anonymous exposures and attacks on the character and
personal lives of other people in our community. Jackie Woolf hides behind
this Jford name, which I think you already know, and she just rips people
apart. That is just wrong and I will not respond to these people. I block
them. I think everyone should. It only encourages other people to come on
here and make vengeful postings from people's ex-spouses and what not. Not
allowing anonymity for this type of stuff reduces dirty laundry being aired
in public, which I, and I hope you too, do not want to hear on v2020.

The HS was just too expensive and controversial to pass.  You are not a bad
person, nor do I dislike you. In fact we agree on many things but this is
just silly and insane. If you want to make 100 attacks on me a day you can
but I am will not be responding back to you anymore. The FPC did work hard,
but putting the elementary school needed renovations with the HS was a bad
plan that needed to be rejected. Now can we move on? Please?

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold

PS, Sorry for any bad grammar, it is early in the morning and I am in a
hurry to get some stuff done for finals week.