[Vision2020] something for the table

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Thu Apr 28 17:09:42 PDT 2005

Melynda,

Thank you for your insightful comments.  It's hard to understand why intelligent people do not understand the connection between facility design and grade configuration.  Or is this just another excuse to pretend to be pro-education but is really pro-ignorance.

Perhaps the following alternative was discussed and I missed it:

There is a crying need for expansion of the county courthouse.  Why wasn't a proposal floated to make part of the old high school part of the courthouse expansion and thus saving a lot of money in the long run.  Maybe the alleged need for new facilities by the MPD could fit in here also.  Perhaps the LCSO and the MPD could share a joint facility in the newer part of the old HS thus opening space at the CH and giving the city government more room at the current MPD building;  such a configuration might also lead to some further law enforcement cooperation and efficiency.

The need for the courthouse expansion is another reason for moving the high school location.

Phil advocates using eminent domain to condemn the property across from the post office to keep the HS in its present location.  Phil:  Do you have any idea what the market value of the apartments and business offices across from the PO is?

Perhaps, Phil, instead wanting everyone to do your leg work, you could take a few minutes, go down to the CH and discover and communicate to V 2020 this information.  Also ask a professional appraiser how much below real market value these properties are presently assessed at and report that also.

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com