[Vision2020] No new levy

Shelly CJs at Turbonet.com
Thu Apr 28 11:15:03 PDT 2005

No Keely. You are wrong. Most of the information sent to the public was
indeed site specific. How about those architect's drawings? How about those
beautiful drawings and proposed photos hanging up in the elementary school?
Show me another site plan which the public decided was not good enough. Not
the 5 board members decided on.  You, yourself said, "there is no other
place? The Trail dirt is it? So, yes, it does make it site specific. This
appears to be more double talk.

What is wrong with eminent domain of the property across the street from the
post office? Is it because Dave Trail works in one of these buildings? Does
he own the building? What is wrong with putting a green area on top of the
existing HS? Track? PE? Lunch?

The smartest thing in my book is to take eminent domain and pay these off
with existing money already in the pot. As we learn to trim the top heavy
fat, that money can go into fixing, adding, repairing and future costs of
the existing facilities with existing funds. No need for any new taxes.

Phil Roderick

-------Original Message-------

From: keely emerinemix
Date: 04/28/05 04:21:30
To: donovanjarnold2005 at hotmail.com; melyndahuskey at earthlink.net;
vision2020 at moscow.com
Subject: RE: [Vision2020] What Your School Administration Doesn't
WantYoutoKnow

Donovan, you weary me.  But just when I decide to ignore you, with my best
wishes and my sanity intact, you make an assertion that can be corrected
with one or two simple statements.

1.  The Trail offer was made in mid-December; a new high school had been one
of the options since the committee's work began.  March 10?  Huh?  And the
language on the ballot was project-specific, not site-specific, as you know.

2.  Other sites community members as well as FPC members discussed -- which
weren't available, by the way -- were also farm-area sites, except for
Joseph Street.   It's the Palouse, a largely rural farming economy.

keely