[Vision2020] High School Survey

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Wed Apr 27 18:03:47 PDT 2005

Ron,

Thank you for posting this.

For the sake of possibly starting a meaningful discussion consider:

Schools from kindergarten onward should teach and urge the practice of the 6 R's.

In addition to reading, writing, and arithmetic there are other 3 R's which in the real world are perhaps just as important, briefly:

1.    Reasoning:  Critical thinking.

2.    Resourcefulness:  Problem analysis and solving of all kinds of problems and the inculcation of
       using these skills habitually.

3.    Relating:    Non-manipulative skills needed to get along successfully with others.

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com