[Vision2020] results

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Wed Apr 27 04:21:57 PDT 2005

The results are in, and we lost.

I'm heartbroken, obviously, because the bond mattered.  But I realized early
on that it was a tough fight, and now that the scoreboard shows that the
other guys won, and won handily, it's time to thank those "no" voters who
managed to do so with integrity and civic-mindedness, and who are now
celebrating their victory while lamenting the associations they've
unfortunately acquired.

There were some good folks on the winning side.  And as much as I'd have
liked to win, I prefer having occupied with many, many others the moral high
ground in the debate -- ground that I share with those who sincerely wish
the best for Moscow and in doing so speak truthfully and respectfully and
act with courage, no matter how they voted.

There is enormous division in Moscow, but it isn't 44%-56% along yes-no
lines.  I wanted the bond to pass, I wanted to never compromise my integrity
or malign my faith, and I wanted to remain identified with the good guys.

In this case, two out of three ain't bad . . .

keely emerine mix