[Vision2020] Question 4 WHO IS CQE?

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 24 04:16:10 PDT 2005

Ms Opyr writes,

“how the new high school will really be smaller than the old high school
despite the fact that its measurements are larger; and we will at last learn
the true nature of the secret connection between MSD's architectural bid
process and Donovan's getting a quote from The Windshield Doctor.”

I know Mr. Opyr has an ABD PhD in English not mathematics and the calculator
function on the MSD website is FBAR, but I would tend to think IMHO she
could understand that “crowded” is a condition caused the number of students
per sq. ft., not just the size of the school.

If I have 2,000 students in a building of 200,000 sq ft. they would be more
crowded then 500 students in a building of 100,000 sq ft. even though the
building was larger.

See, the building is bigger but the number of people that have to fit inside
it is greater.

This concept seems to be lost on Ms. Opyr and that is too bad. Using this
mathematical thinking if three people have $10 together they are richer then
four people that EACH have $5 because $10 is twice that of $5.

”We should have talked about the renovations at West Park and Russell and
about the architectural possibilities for the new high school.”

Yes, well we have been trying but the MSD does not know anything about this
and was unable to answer our questions. So now we are talking about other
things related to the topic like the fact it will not work and it costs too
much.

“April 26th cannot come and go fast enough.” Oh, wait, what about the
conspiracies of the vote not being correct. Butterfly ballots are being used
right? And what if the bond fails? Are we not going to have to do it again
but with a realistic plan? And if it does pass, well what about building
that stadium and auditorium, you are not going to “Vote No for Kids” are
you? They deserve the best stadium, track and fields, and what about those
starving bus drivers that cannot eat their unused $6,000 dental benefits?
They deserve a pay increase too, so let us not forget about them.  We also
need fishing poles and fish tracking devices for fly fishing, sticks and
shoe strings will not work like the 1900s and making the economically
disadvantaged buy $2000 worth of fishing equipment is unfair! Hummers will
be needed to get them to the creek because you cannot expect the students to
walk in the mud to get to the site. And after all this we still need ADA
renovations to the Junior High, Lena, and McDonald which seem to have been
forgotten in this silver bullet plan that is designed to address all MSD
facility problems for the next 25 years.

“While the vast majority of us would like to enjoy a quiet banana”

I prefer my bananas with moderate noise, maybe a little yodeling on the
weekends, however, most the bananas do come quiet (even when you bruise and
bite them) so the majority are in luck!

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold