[Vision2020] Schools and voters

Pat Kraut pkraut at moscow.com
Sat Apr 23 22:52:22 PDT 2005

The very first time I paid any attention to any vote I was a JR in high
school! John Rogers in Spokane. In a 'current events' class that year the
teacher made us do canvasing for a vote that was up to build what was then
(I am very old!) Shadel Park Jr High. The city park department was going to
build a swimming pool in the park right next to it and they were up for a
vote first time at the same time. We talked to people at 'Blodgetts grocery'
and tried to get them to look at the information that the school district
was not building a pool in the school. Yes, they would work together. Shadel
students could have a swim team but they were totally separate systems. One
was a school one was a city park. The swimming pool lost that year. But I
learned just how uninformed voters could be...and how much they just want to
be inflamatory. The truth has nothing to do with how much some just want to
stir the pot!!

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long
at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."
Helen Keller