[Vision2020] Why not Sell West Park Elementary?

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 23 22:44:37 PDT 2005

Why does the new plan include keeping this building. It is not big enough.
Even if you get rid of the sixth grade it is still not big enough. The MSD
only owns the land underneath it not the land around it, you cannot expand
without buying more land.

That land is worth a fortune. many businesses would give their right arm to
use that building on campus. We do not have to sell it to the University.

If we sold that land and building we could use the funds and money earmarked
in the levy for a renovation and build a larger new school in a neighborhood
setting where we already own land. This would also save money because we
would not have to rent space from the University to house the
kindergarteners.

Why have an elementary school out of our neighborhoods that is too small
when you can have a larger more efficient school for the same amount of
money?

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold