[Vision2020] Paying for two High School buildings?

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 23 22:34:12 PDT 2005

Keely or anyone?

How can we afford to pay for the operation costs of the new high school and
the current high school?

I am serious. I have asked this question and nobody has clearly answered it.

Yes, I do understand that current high school will be renting out the 1991
annex. I also understand that the alternative High School will be housed
inside the current high school. However, this is a big building, more then
100,000 sq ft even after the removal of the 1968 annex.

Is the the amount of money raised by renting the 1991 annex, the rent saved
by closing the little building currently  housing alternative high school,
and the energy efficiency saved by the renovation of the two elementary
schools in lighting and heating enough to pay for the operation two high
schools?

If it is, I would like to see these costs broken down.

Thanks,

Donovan J Arnold