[Vision2020] WHO IS CQE.... sorta answered

cjs cjs at turbonet.com
Sat Apr 23 19:27:20 PDT 2005

 Brought to me off list....

> CQE has members that are not in favor of the bond. BUt the organization has
> decided to take a side of pro bond. They are the ones going door to door,
> putting up those "Yes for Kids" signs, and sending out the flyers in favor
> of the bond.

> People send in money to CQE and CQE uses that money to fund the promoting of
> the bond. Many teachers, administrators, and MSD employees are members of
> CQE and are thus public employees acting on their own time to promote this
> levy.

> Where I have a problem is when CQE and the Facilities Planning Committee
> (FPC), a government organization, work together and plan and promote the
> bond.

So it sounds like CQE is just a bunch of people that got together to promote the bond not during working hours. They don't report to anyone because they are not working directly with the school district. But the facilities committee is a government organization and therefore would have to report money they receive? So CQE was formed to collect money that is not reportable? I could be way off base here and if so, someone correct me, please. So does FPC have errors and ommission insurance? JUST ASKING!

Phil